Countdown- Study in England
Have a look at the countdown below if you are planning to study in the UK. Please note that this is intended as a guide only; you may be able to find a place to study in much less time. However, following the countdown list should save you some stress and allow you enough time find and apply for a course to study in England.
18 months to go
- Decide which course and qualification you are going for. Some of them can be different from the ones in your country. For instance, do you know what's the difference between an MSc and an MRes? Which will help you more in your career?
- Go to Education UK to find out which universities offer your course.
- Contact these universities and order a prospectus.
- Contact course co-ordinators and lecturers to find out about aims of the course, modules taught, research interests of the department, assessment, career prospects.
- Make a list of your personal top 5-7 universities. Look at Top Tips for the criteria.
- Search for scholarships or loans.
12 months to go
- Gather all relevant documents, including references, that are required for your applications.
- Translate them to English, if they are not in this language. This should be done by an approved translator.
- Post these to your preferred universities along with your application, or apply online.
- Think about taking lessons to improve your english and familiarise yourself with the british culture.